What you’ll get
Duration : 15 days 14 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Friends, Family, Couples, Solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88VP16
This tour perfectly balances cultural immersion with sightseeing and relaxation, giving you an unparalleled Indochina experience. Exists a land where the magic of the time ennobles the beauty shaping it in many different ways. This beauty keeps unchanged over the years and it is reflected in a huge number of traditions, monuments, dishes, buildings, and landscapes. Discover all of that and much more in this tour that includes the legendary Angkor temples, the bright lights of Saigon; tranquil beaches and the magic of Laos' wats. Join us for a life time!
- Discover Siem Reap with monumental architecture of Angkorian
- Visit of the Sacred City and meet a UNESCO site - Luang Prabang
- Explore Hoi An- the ‘Jewel of Vietnam’ by walking through its ancient streets
- Shop around hundred local shops with many unique souvenirs and beautiful gifts
- Discover Ho Chi Minh -the busiest city of Vietnam and visit the highlighted sites in the city and learn about Vietnam’s history during war
- Explore Halong bay with offshore coral reefs, freshwater swamp forests, mangrove forests, small freshwater lakes, and sandy beaches
- Take a chance to discover the Mekong delta rural areas, learn about farming life, visit wonderful fruit gardens and contact directly with local people
- Explore the the most remarkable highlights of Hanoi such as Ho Chi Minh Complex, One Pillar Pagoda, temple of Literature or Museum of Ethnology
- 13 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 1 Dinner, 1 Brunch
- A/C transfer, Cruise, Airplane
- Hotel, cruise
- Price Includes
- All sightseeing tickets
- AC land transfer in Car/ Minivan
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Services charges and government tax
- Vietnam visa Approval letter (single entry)
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
- Halong Bay Cruise program shared in Twin/Double cabin as per tour
- 2 Domestic Flights Ho Chi Minh - Da Nang, Da Nang - Hanoi (Economic class)
- Price Excludes
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- International flight (Hanoi - Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang - Siem Reap)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Ho Chi Minh arrival
Upon your arrival at Tan Son Nhat Airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Check in and relax. ( Room is available from 13.30)
Rest of day is free at your leisure. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City
In the morning, we have an excursion to the incredible . Explore the underground tunnel system and delve into the life of guerrilla warfare: how they work, sleep, what they eat and go to school underground…. Return to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon.
Afterwards, set out on a city tour of the former capital of French Indochina. Visit some French colonial structures including Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Central Post Office, Opera House then continue to the bustling China Town with its famous Thien Hau Pagoda and Cho Lon Market. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 3: Ho Chi Minh city - Mekong delta
After breakfast, depart for Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta (2.5 - 3 hour drive). Stop at the Phong Nam brick kiln to see painstakingly making production bricks by hand. Get on boat and cruise along the Chet Say Canal, stop at some local workplaces to give you a picture of local economy, including a coconut activated charcoal factory; and a coconut processing workshop, where produces coconut candy and other products. As the boat cruise through small canals, you will have a chance to discover the real Delta village life. The boat will land ashore at a quiet village, where you can have a short walk to visit a mat weaving house. You can also try weaving by yourself. Get on a ‘xe loi’ (a kind of motorized rickshaw) or a bike, ride into the village to see farm, rice fields and vegetable plan.
Stop at a local house for a delicious and filling lunch, featuring local specialties such as elephant-ear fish and river shrimp, washed down with some cold drinks or beers.
In the afternoon, board a sampan for a relaxing trip along narrow canals. Then back to main road for a transfer to lovely Cai Be Town. Check in and spend the night at leisure. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Cai Be
- Day 4: Floating village visiting - Da Nang - Hoi An
After breakfast, start your visit to the colorful Cai Be Floating Market by sampan. Your sampan will bring you to see some local home factories to discover traditional making process of rice paste, rice popcorn, coco candies, and dried longan. Then, back to the hotel, check out and transfer directly to Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a flight to Da Nang.
When arriving, you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel in Hoi An Ancient Town – a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Day 5: Tra Que Vegetable Village - Hoi An Town
In the morning, take a leisurely cycle journey through the rural scenery of Hoi An to a small vegetable planting village located on the banks of Tra Que Lagoon (15 minutes cycling from Hoi An). Transferring by cyclo or by private vehicle can be also optioned. Join in with local people in their daily work of planting and watering vegetables. Then learn to cook some local dishes. Enjoy lunch with the dishes you have made.
Return to Hoi An Town, set out to explore the quaint cobblestone streets with more-than-two-century-old Chinese houses. Sites include the Japanese Covered bridge, the Chinese Temple, and Phung Hung Chinese-style trading house. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Day 6: Hoi An - Hanoi
Spend the morning free at leisure. Check out time tends to be around noon. Transfer to the airport in Da Nang for the flight to Hanoi (1hour and 15 minute duration). On arrival at Noi Bai Airport, our guide and driver will take you to your hotel in Hanoi.
After a short rest, take a walking tour around the Old Quarter and the Hoan Kiem Lake as well as Ngoc Son Temple. The tour will last about 3 hours. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 7: Hanoi City Tour
After breakfast, our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at around 8:30 to start a full day tour of Hanoi. First head to the Ho Chi Minh Complex to visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Uncle Ho's House-on-Stilt and the One Pillar Pagoda. After that, go to Vietnam’s first university - the Temple of Literature, walkable distance from the complex.
In the afternoon, visit the Museum of Ethnology (closed on Monday) where you can get a glance of different ethnic minorities living in Vietnam. Then, transfer to one of the most typical pagodas of Hanoi.
In the evening, enjoy the traditional water puppet show. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 8: Hanoi – Halong Bay
In the morning, leave for Halong Bay, an UNESCO Heritage Site (3.5 hour drive). Arrive at Wharf in Halong City at noon. Embark on a beautiful cruise to explore the bay with magnificent stone islands and emerald water. Enjoy fresh seafood meals served on board. Overnight on cruise.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 9: Halong - Hanoi - Luang Prabang
Wake up early to enjoy a spectacular dawn over the bay. After breakfast on board, return to the Wharf at noon and travel back to Noi Bai Airport for the flight to Luang Prabang - an UNESCO Heritage City. Welcome on arrival and transfer to your hotel. Check in and spend the rest of evening free at leisure. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 10: Tak Bat, Luang Prabang
Early in the morning from around 5.30 to 6.30, go to Vat Nong Temple to witness the Tak Bat (Alms giving ceremony) - a must-see for travelers to Luang Prabang. During the ceremony, devotees stand on the sidewalk ready with bowls of food, flowers or incense sticks in their arms and waiting for the monks. Silent lines of saffron-clad monks walk down the streets to collect alms. Be drawn deep into the culturally significant moments as they take place in a peaceful and respectful ambiance with no words exchanged between the monks and the locals. If you wish, you can participate in the ceremony. Remember, you are recommended to dress properly and take photos from a respectful distance. After the solemn ceremony, follow your guide to a local market. Experience the bustling atmosphere which is sure to awaken all your senses. While walking pass by stalls, you’ll have a chance to taste and savor some local snacks. Then, go to a local restaurant for breakfast. Enjoy a cup of coffee to get a boost for the day ahead.
In your city tour around Luang Prabang, you will visit many famous beautiful temples, including Vat Xieng Thong or Temple of the Golden City located in a beautiful garden on the bank of the Mekong River, Vat May - a capped sanctuary featuring a five sided roof surmounted by three parasols, Vat Visoun>- the oldest temple in the city and was once home to the Prabang Buddha. Then, go to the Royal Palace (National Museum).
At the end of the afternoon, climb up Mount Phousi to admire the sunset and discover the H’mong Night Market on your way back to your hotel. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 11: Luang Prabang
In the morning, drive to the pier and embark on a traditional-style boat to cruise along the Mekong to reach Pak Ou Cave, the sacred caves – also known as Tham Ting by many locals, which shelter hundreds of Buddha statuettes. After visiting the cave, enjoy home-cooked lunch at nearby village.
Return to Luang Prabang and transfer to Kuang Si Waterfall. The journey to the waterfall is worth taking time over with vistas across rice fields and the opportunity to meet locals along the way. It is also ideal to swim in the waterfalls (weather permitting). Return to your hotel in Luang Prabang in the afternoon. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: B, L
- Day 12: Luang Prabang - Siem Reap
Free time at leisure until being transferred to the airport for a flight to Siem Reap (2 hour duration). You will be welcomed at the airport and taken to the hotel. Check in and rest of day is free at your leisure. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 13: Siem Reap
In the morning, have breakfast at your hotel before heading out on a full day of exploration. First, make a trip to discover the wonders of incredible temple complex of Angkor Wat, a World Heritage Site. It is one of the most amazing man-made monuments in the world.
In the afternoon, leave for Banteay Srei (known as Citadel of Women). Banteay Srei is unique in that it is constructed of pink sandstone, which is seen nowhere else in Angkor. On the way back to your hotel, visit the ancient Ta Prohm (also nicknamed the Jungle Temple) made famous in the Tomb Raider movie.
Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 14: Siem Reap
In the morning, leave for Kompong Khleang Floating Village in the area of Tonle Sap Lake. Explore the village and meet the locals and their lovely children. Afterwards, get in a boat go over the canals to a large lake where Vietnamese people live. Return to the village and have a picnic lunch in a villager’s stilt house.
In the afternoon, return to Siem Reap and visit Angkor Thom (the Great City) and attractions inside its walls. Begin with the South Gate entrance and then the famous Bayon Temple - the spectacular central temple of the ancient city. Then, visit the Elephant Terrace and the Leper King Terrace.
Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: B, L
- Day 15: Siem Reap departure
Free time at leisure until being transferred to the airport for your flight onward home or other destinations. Check out time tends to be at noon. Meals on your own. End of the tour.
- Special request: provide upon request
- What to bring: passport, camera, good shoes + personal medicines
- Transport: A/C vehicles with complementary water
- Flight: Economy class
- Child under 2 years old: surcharge 20% flight ticket
- Child from 2 to under 8: surcharge 50% flight ticket
- Maximum 01 child sharing room with 2 adults
- Train: Deluxe tourist class, 4 pax/cabin
- Room plan: twin/double sharing (triple upon request)
- Accommodations: subject to change due to tour option and availability at the time of booking.
- Vietnam Visa: required for most of foreigner tourists, contact us if you need visa support.
- Holiday surcharge: 10% for Christmas, New Year and Vietnamese Lunar New Year
- Prebooking: Contact us before booking if you are solo travelers or want triple room or have different arrival/departure time
Standard package: 2* hotels, 2* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Superior package: 3* hotels, 3* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Deluxe package: 4* hotels, 4* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Luxury package: 5* hotels (or 4*++), 5* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
19 Feb 2018
12 Feb 2018