Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam, is one of the most ancient capitals in the world with long-lasting traditions, history, and cultures which is an ideal choice for tourists all over the world.
The best time to visit Hanoi
Like most parts of Vietnam, Hanoi has a tropical climate. The summer lasts from May to September with heavy rains, and the average temperature is about 29ºC. The winter lasts from November to March next year with an average temperature of 15ºC.
The climate of Hanoi is divided into four distinct seasons of which each one has its own beauty. Therefore, you can visit here at any time of the year.
The best time to visit Hanoi is in autumn, from September to November when the weather is pleasant. If you like to enjoy the cold weather, you can come here in winter.
How to get to Hanoi
Traveling by airplane is the fastest and most convenient way to get to Hanoi. Noi Bai International Airport is about 30 kilometers from the city center.
Besides, you can choose trains or passenger cars to get to Hanoi.
To get around Hanoi, you can choose the bus, taxi, bicycle, motorcycle, or cyclo.
Where to stay when traveling to Hanoi
Being the most famous destination in Vietnam, Hanoi offers a wide range of accommodation for tourists from luxury hotels to the budget ones.
Luxury hotels in Hanoi
- Melia Hanoi Hotel (44B Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem District)
- Somerset West Lake Serviced Residences (254D Thuy Khue, Tay Ho District)
- Daewoo Hotel (360 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District)
- Movenpick Hotel (83A Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem District)
- Lotte Hanoi Hotel (54 Lieu Giai, Ba Dinh District)
- Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi (15 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem District)
Budget hotels in Hanoi
- Splendid Hotel & Spa (06 Hang Hanh Street, Hoan Kiem District)
- Serene Boutique Hotel & Spa (16-18 Bat Su, Hoan Kiem District)
- Little Hanoi Deluxe Hotel (01 Yen Thai, Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem)
- Hanoi La Vision Hotel (19 Bat Dan, Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem)
- Holiday Emerald Hotel (24 Hang Manh, Hang Gia, Hoan Kiem)
- Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa (94 Ma May, Hoan Kiem)
Top must-see attractions in Hanoi
Hoan Kiem Lake
Located in the heart of the capital, Hoan Kiem Lake is associated with an essential historical story of Hanoi. Surrounding the lake, there is a diverse architectural complex such as Turtle Tower, The Huc Bridge, and Ngoc Son Temple which is worth a visit.
The Old Quarter
It can be said that 36 streets are what made Hanoi's reputation. Formerly a residential area outside the citadel, this place has been bustling for several hundred years with trade activities. Until now, you can still see the ancient space with low-rise houses, tile roofs, and moss walls. Spending one day to discover the Old Quarter will be an extraordinary experience when coming to Hanoi.
Dong Xuan Market
If Saigon has Ben Thanh Market, then Hanoi has Dong Xuan Market. First opened from the 19th century, Dong Xuan Market now is still the largest wholesale market in the Northern region. You can also find a lot of souvenirs here.
Hanoi Opera House
Hanoi Opera House was built by the French based on the model of Opera Garnier (Paris), with the desire to make this place a cultural - art center of the time.
The Opera House is now the main venue for the capital's important events and activities.
One Pillar Pagoda
As the largest Buddhist center in Vietnam, Hanoi is home to many ancient temples, but the most famous one is certainly the One Pillar Pagoda. The pagoda belongs to Dien Huu Tu campus with a small church space, built on a stone pillar between lotus lake, worshiping Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva.
Imperial Citadel of Thang Long
Hanoi is the capital of most feudal dynasties, and the most obvious proof for this is the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long. This is a massive complex of relics of over 140 hectares, built over many dynasties.
Over time, many relics are still preserved and continue to be restored, to maintain the characteristic space of the ancient feudal court and preserve the important relics of the country's history.
Must-try dishes in Hanoi
The stunning cuisine is also a highlight of Hanoi. Coming here, you have the chance to enjoy the tasty food that can make your trip here remarkable.
- Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup)
- Bun Cha (Barbecued pork with rice vermicelli)
- Nem Cua be (Crab spring rolls)
- Cha Ca (Grilled fish with dill and turmeric)
- Bun Ca (Fish noodle soup)
- Banh Cuon (Steamed rice rolls)
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese sandwich)
- Che (Vietnamese sweet soup)
- Egg coffee
No matter when you visit Hanoi, this place promises to treat you well. Let’s come and explore yourself how amazing this capital is.