What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days / 1 night(s)
Departure : Phong Nha
Suitable : Friends, Active Traveller
Type : Land tour
Come and explore Hang En Cave located within the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, and spend one night in its massive chamber below thousands of darting swifts with Hang En Cave Adventure 2 days tour.
- Visit the ethnic minority Ban Doong Village, set amongst the limestone mountains
- Take part in exciting activities: swimming, trekking, river crossing, climbing, having BBQ
- Explore Hang En Cave- the world’s 3rd largest cave and one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Camping Tent
- Price Includes
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 38 – 46
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Katadyn (Swiss-made) water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle.
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek.
- Price Excludes
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite
- 1 -2 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
- Small backpack for your water bottle and personal belongings
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Phong Nha - Ban Doong Village - Hang En
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 8:00 am and 8:30 am and short transfer to Oxalis Headquarters.
Learn all about safety and collect your gear before driving 45mins through the National Park to reach the trailhead.
A steep jungle hill starts the adventure, with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich jungle to reach the Ban Doong minority village, where a hot cup of tea welcomes you.
Lunch takes place shortly after near the river, and then it’s back into the jungle, through river streams, and across the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
Enter the cave around 3 PM, and enjoy your afternoon swimming, before a sizzling BBQ dinner is served, complete with rice wine and beautiful flocks of swifts overhead.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Hang En - Hang Lanh - Phong Nha
Awake at 8:00 am for breakfast and pack up your belongings. Depart camp at 9:00 am to leave Hang En. Take one last look at the entrance, almost hidden among the jungle and then trek 1 km along a riverside path with several river crossings and upstream to Hang Lanh entrance. Arrive around 10 am, and spend the next two hours exploring the first km of Hang Lanh, which has earned the name “Cold Cave” for a reason! This is a 4 km long wet cave with magnificent formations, a cold river inside, and many rare fossils.
Have lunch with your group from 12:00 – 1:00 pm, and then it’s time to start the journey home. Trek for the next hour along a shady path through the river valley. And then from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, make your way up the hill to the pickup point, where our driver will be waiting to take you back to civilization. Return to Phong Nha between 4:30 – 5:30 pm.
Meals: B, L
- Minimum 2 pax
- Departure 3 time per week
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha +$35/minibus/way
- Operated from mid-December to August (closed from September to mid-December)
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
11 Jan 2019
We took the first trip to Hang En cave in the New Year and had a great experience. The equipment was excellent - from the tent to the toilet at camp. Staff professional, informative and great to hang out with (shout out to Katie and King but there were others too we just cant remember names!). Food was so delicious and plenty of it! My boyfriend has a severe peanut allergy and they were incredibly accommodating. Cooked all our food in olive oil instead of vegetable oil just in case. This made us feel so safe and know we were being taken care of. Big compliments to the chefs- better food then in most restaurants. As for the experience itself, it was recommended to us by a friend and we weren't disappointed. It is a must in Vietnam. The cave was incredible and it was so cool to camp on its little beach. The trek was great too. We went when it was super muddy and still enjoyed it so much. The second day is the strenuous bit, but it's only for 45mins at the end and that's the bit that makes the whole thing feel very rewarding. Overall, brilliant trip and terrific value for money.
11 Jan 2019
An amazing experience with great hosts. They were good fun to go with but made you feel totally safe also as they are so experienced at what they do. Also very informative with them telling you interesting facts along the way. I have a peanut allergy so I was concerned about the food but they were so cautious and made me delicious food separately. The experience of sleeping in the cave is one you have to go for. Especially with hosts as great as Katie, King etc al
24 Dec 2018
Well organised group of enthusiastic and friendly people are running this wonderful business. The guides are knowledgeable, skilled and friendly, food was very good and the cave was beautifull. Thank you!
22 Dec 2018
Team of travel agency was amazing and took such good care of us. The food was incredible and a highlight of the trip. Spending the night in the Hang En cave and exploring the cave the next day was such a cool experience. Would defintely recommend!
19 Dec 2018
Amazing guides, amazing trip - highly recommend. Massive thanks to all members of the team for getting us there and back safely, and teaching us so much along the way. Will certainly return to another cave if/when we visit the region again!