What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
Can Gio Mangrove forest is regarded as the “green lungs” of the city, located in the coastal district southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. It is an ideal destination for a day trip out of the city, especially by motorbike. The trip give a great opportunity to admire the eco-friendliness and expansiveness of habitats. The destination is also well-known by tourists as it used to be very important base in Vam Sac. Its attractions including the Dam Doi (Bat Swamp), Crocodile farms, vast green mangrove forest and the fresh seafood make it a worthwhile “Saigon Outskirt Motorbike Excursion “ to experience.
- An exciting motorbiking trip to Saigon Outskirt
- A great opportunity to admire the eco-friendliness and expansiveness of habitats
- An interesting visit to Can Gio Mangrove forest, Dam Doi (Bat Swamp), Crocodile farms
- 1 Lunch
- Price Includes
- Boat rides
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Meals: delicious seafood lunch
- Motorbike (Driving guide for pillion passengers)
- Drinks : fruit juice, cold water, local beer, soft drink
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide/ tour leader
- Price Excludes
- Gratuity, tips
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare.
- Can Gio - Saigon Outskirt Motorbike Excursion full day
In the morning our guide & motorbike will pick you up at your hotel/residence. We will head South of Saigon to Hiep Phuoc port via Nguyen Van Linh – Nguyen Huu Tho and leave the bustling city of Saigon behind. Along the way, you can experience the local people at work, ride through the shrimp farms, past swift houses and enjoy the most scenic roads of the area to reach for the Rung Sac ( Mangrove forest ) well-known as VC base during the war.
Travelers then take a boat ride along canals naturally covered with mangrove into the Dam Doi (Bat Swamp). We will get on the rowing-boat to get closer to the Eco Reserve area. Have you ever tried to fish for crab by a fishing rod ? Yes, you can try your luck right here. You will reach the core of the Biosphere Reserve of Vam Sat forest where we will visit the crocodile farm and bird reserve.
After your delicious seafood lunch and rest, we will learn how to pass the Cau Khi (Monkey bridge made of 1 or 2 single bamboos poles) as locals do. You cannot miss the panoramic view from the Tang Bông tower. It’s a great opportunity for photos.
In the afternoon, a speed boat takes us back to Rung Sac, we then hop back on the motorbikes to Can Gio beach to visit the stunning local seafood market. You can go swimming, weather and time permitting
The ride back to Ho Chi Minh city via Binh Khanh local ferry gives an interesting experience on how to use the local transportation. The trip will end at your hotel around 17:00.
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
06 Oct 2018
I went here for my birthday and it was great. You are given a lot of independence to see and feed the monkeys. I would recommend going without a tour guide-the other stops on the way to see monkeys are not really worth it. The seafood market is cool, but made both me and my boyfriend sick the next day. You can go here by yourself, ask someone about a boat, and buy peanuts there to feed the monkeys. The monkeys are great, they will come up and eat out of your hand.
17 Jan 2018
I took a trip to Can Gio island and I was not disappointed! If you are interested in Vietnamese legends and super delicious seafoods while adventurously taking a canoe through the breathtaking mangrove forest, just come to Can Gio, I guarantee that you won't regret it. However, as there are tons of naughty monkeys, I suggest to bring a backpack, wear simple clothes and take your glasses (and jewelries) away please, unless you are willing to let those little monkeys take them all.
31 Dec 2017
A pretty island, you can reach it by taking a ferry just outside Saigon. I went there with a trip organized in one of the many agencies, (for the same service they ask from 500 to 900 dong). It is a good alternative to the more classic ride at the Mecong Delta. The day includes a visit to the natural park with monkeys (from which Money island), with which you can interact, and a group of crocodiles to which you can feed, then boat ride to reach a reconstruction of a Vietnamese military camp, in mangrove forest, and then fish market and lunch at a resort. All this could be done even without an organized trip on their own by renting a motorbike, with an hour and a half to get to the village on the other side of the ferry.