What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Dragon Eyes Cruise 3 days - Phnom Penh is a combination of Cambodia trip and Mekong Vietnam trip. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, explore Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets, and visit the famous temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Let's take your luggage and join us!
- Extend full day on visiting and trying tropical fruit orchards in the countryside
- Visit most of bustling local floating markets such as Cai Rang, Cai Be Market
- Cruise along Mekong river and enjoy fantastic river views from sundeck
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Road transfer from Saigon
- Free flow of coffee and tea
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Shuttle service from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Hotel in Chau Doc — Victoria Hotel superior room
- Public speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer from the hotel in Chau Doc to the jetty for the public speed boat
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room
- Price Excludes
- Dinner on Day 2
- Tips and personal expenses
- Beauty services and massage
- All other services not mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Dragon Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the Mekong river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
Disembark the boat at around 11.00 — 11.30 on the pier and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
Sit back in the shuttle (bus or car) and watch the water landscape from a land perspective until you reach Chau Doc where we bring you to your hotel. Depending on your budget you can choose the famous colonial-style Victoria hotel (superior room) or a family managed local 2-star hotel.
Meals: B, L
- Day 3: Across the border towards Cambodia
We transfer you to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organise your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
Meals: B, L
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice.
- The drive to / from Cai Be takes about 2 hours, to / from Can Tho approx. 4 hours.
- Departures: from Can Tho to Phnom Penh via Cai Be (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Phnom Penh via Can Tho (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.)
- If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) and take you to the pier
Questions & Answers
9.8Based on 1 reviews
Value for money
24 Jan 2019
Idyllic days for this inauguration. Everything was perfect, we made two cruise in one so much the panorama of this morning was different from that of the return. The meal is really delicious. Keep it up. Good luck to you Norman in